makes 4 iced coffees
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (plus more for garnish)
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 cup filtered water
6 cups ice
32 ounces strongly brewed Peet’s House Blend coffee (cooled)
milk or cream (optional)
- Chop the mint leaves roughly.
- Add the leaves along with the sugar, salt and water to a small pan. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer over medium heat and uncovered. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally to fully dissolve the sugar.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cool. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve or cheesecloth and discard the leaves.
- Put the syrup in the refrigerator to cool. (This recipe will yield 1/2 cup, and it can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.)
- Fill the glasses with ice and coffee. Then stir in the milk or cream if desired, and add 1 -2 tablespoons of minty syrup (depending on how sweet you want your coffee), and enjoy.