Our delectable Pumpkin Latte … but make it a donut. Pumpkin purée makes these baked donuts moist and tender, and the glaze—made with strongly brewed Major Dickason’s Blend—gives them a not-too-sweet finish. Best of all, you probably already have the ingredients on hand.
PUMPKIN SPICE DONUTS WITH COFFEE GLAZE
makes 12 donuts
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (or all-purpose gluten-free flour)
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons strongly brewed Peet’s Major Dickason’s Blend coffee (cooled)
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. And lightly grease (2) donut pans.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the oil, eggs, pumpkin puree, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- Then sift in the baking powder and flour and mix until well-combined.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the mixture into each donut well.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean when entered into the donut’s center.
- Allow the donuts to cool completely.
- Meanwhile make the glaze by stirring together the powdered sugar, strongly brewed coffee and salt. Store at room temperature until the donuts are cool enough to glaze.
- Dip each donut into the glaze, sprinkle with a little more nutmeg and enjoy.